Here are some of our most popular customer-requested recipes. Stop by our store today and we’ll be happy to help you gather all the ingredients you’ll need!
Easy Miso Soup
A quick and easy recipe using pre-seasoned dashi miso. Yields 4 servings.
- Mix 4 cups of boiling water and 4 tablespoons of dashi miso in small pot and stir gently.
- Once miso is dissolved, add diced tofu and wakame. Simmer for several minutes, making sure not to come to a boil.
- Remove from heat. Garnish with green onions. Enjoy!
The flavor of miso soup varies depending on the type of miso, soup stock, and ingredients. It’s best to choose your favorite type of miso and ingredients.
Common Ingredients for Miso Soup:
Tofu, potato, onion, daikon radish, wakame seaweed, clams, abura-age (deep fried tofu), green onion, green peas, cabbage, carrots, and lots more.
Use a pre-blended okonomiyaki flour and simply add your favorite fillings to make this savory pancake. Yields 3 servings.
- 1 cup Okonomiyaki Flour
- 3/4 cup water
- 8 to 10 ounces shredded cabbage
- 2 eggs
- 5 to 8 ounces fresh fillings such as squid, shrimp, pork belly, ham, yakisoba noodles, tofu, green onions, tenkasu (tempura crisps), etc.
- condiments such as okonomiyaki sauce, Japanese mayonnaise, katsuo bushi, aonori
- Mix flour, water, and egg together to make a smooth batter.
- Add cabbage and fresh fillings into batter.
- Heat skillet on medium-low heat with a small amount of oil. Pour batter onto heated skillet making 3 pancakes.
- Cook for about 3 minutes or until bottom browns. Flip patty to cook opposite side for about 4 minutes or until fully cooked. Be careful not to press down on the pancake.
- Flip pancakes once more to cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from skillet and drizzle okonomiyaki sauce on top. Garnish with desired condiments.